VERY CAPABLE PASSAGE MAKER
For Sale: $574,000.00
The Outbound 46, represents the perfect balance of performance and comfort for the ultimate in passage making safety. Experienced sailors know the added safety that comes with good sailing performance, the ability to sail off a lee shore, shorten a passage to within the available weather window, or safely maneuver through seas are critical safety concerns that should not be overlooked. Equally important is having the comfort required to avoid fatigue when heading offshore. Dry and comfortable cockpit, good visibility, and forgiving motion are essential for a safe and enjoyable passage.
The Outbound 46 was designed by the late Carl Schumacher (1949-2002) designer of the Alerion Express 28, Oyster’s Lightwave 48, the express 27 and 37, plus a large stable of successful west coast custom racing yachts. Schumacher was selected to design the Outbound for one reason … he designed boats that sailed great. He thus successfully combined the moderate displacement required for cruising comfort with an efficient under body needed to beat to weather, upwind performance and excellent control., The Outbound 46 exhibits easily driven lines, moderate beam, long waterline, moderate displacement, high righting moment (RMC = 2645) and 388 gallons of tank capacity directly over the keel.
LOA – 46’4″
DWL – 40’3″
BEAM – 13’6″
DRAFT – 6’6″
DISP (light) – 33,000 LBS.
BALLAST – 10,000 LBS. (w/3500bulb)
BRIDGE CL – 64′
SAIL AREA – 1083 SQ.FT.
WATER – 200 GAL.
FUEL – 188 GAL.
SA/DISP – 18.75
DISP/LENGTH – 189
BEAM/LENGTH – 3.3
LPS(IMS) – 127 DEGREES
Ready to sail with only your personal items and provisions needed!
- Solid 100% hand-laid fiberglass hull
- Lines by renowned racing yacht designer
- Moderate displacement
- High righting moment and with large tanks centered over the keel
- Long fin molded within the hull for deep sump and no keel bolts
- Semi-raised salon for airy interior
- Large, deep, and narrow cockpit for comfort and offshore safety
- Short companionway – only 3 steps
- Watertight bulkhead 7 feet from bow for collision safety
- Double headstay rig for safety, performance, and versatility
- Large foredeck sail/stowage locker to keep wet gear away from living spaces
- Dedicated life raft locker or easy deployment and off the deck location
- Large stowage capacity so everything can safely be stowed and retrieved
- Ample ventilation with 4 dorades, 10 opening ports, 9 deck hatches, and solar vent
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.